A. Planning, leading, controlling, and organizing
B. Planning, operations, labor, and contracting
C. Marketing, finance, accounting, and production
D. Hiring, training, appraising, and firing
2) Planning involves all of the following EXCEPT:
A. Analyzing current situations
B. Determining rewards for goals achievement
C. Determining objectives
D. Deciding actions to be taken
3) The four traditional functions of management include planning, organizing, leading, and service.
4) Specific government organizations in a firm's immediate task environment are called ______________.
C. new entrants
D. economic indicators
5) Organizations that are affected by and that affect their environment are called ____________.
B. open systems
6) The competitive environment includes all of the following EXCEPT:
D. Financial status
7) A clear advantage of the product form of departmentalization is that task responsibilities are clear.
8) The assignment of different tasks to different people or groups is the:
A. Division of labor
B. Organization structure
C. Value chain
D. Strategic plan
9) A basic characteristic of decentralized organizations is delegating authority to people at lower hierarchical levels to make decisions and take action.
10) Which of the following does NOT describe effective plans in organizations?
A. They are purposeful.
B. They provide a clear road map.
C. They may be formal or informal.
D. They are flexible.
11) The targets or ends the manager wants to reach are called: